currency converter

google affiliate

| Posted in | Posted on 04:57


Google may be sticking its toes into Affiliate Programs. They apparently are calling these CPA (Cost Per Action) ads, but what that means is that publishers get paid not for clicks but for some specific action at an advertiser's site: buying something, providing information, whatever. That's an Affiliate Program, Google is just naming it something else.
Interestingly, this comes at the same time that eBay is murmuring about its own affiliate style thingy. What they intend to do is let sites like this run ads pointing at appropriate auctions. For example, we might run ads for auctions related to computer hardware, and would get paid if someone reading here clicked through and won the auction (or purchased a Buy It Now item).
Well, heck, I though that might be interesting, so I moseyed over and tried to sign up. Turns out eBay intends to use Commission Junction as their processing arm for this. That caused me to scowl a bit: CJ has a bit of a negative connotation in my mind because of earlier experiences. I had a CJ account once but let it lapse because, well, because the programs offered were too slimy and hucksterish for my taste.
Long story short, the folks at CJ, master marketers that they are, won't let me sign up because I canned the program I originally signed up for. This is what they said, honest:
As stated in the Publisher Service Agreement, if any of our Publishers do not generate revenue for more than 6 months, we automatically deactivate them. This policy ensures that our network is efficient and beneficial to our Advertisers and Publishers. Since your account is no longer active in our network, your page will register as "expired" among the advertisers with whom you were previously affiliated. Unfortunately, deactivated accounts are not eligible for reactivation.

Isn't that brilliant? They go on to say that I can "sign up for another account using an alternate e-mail address". Oh, I see: I'm rotten meat as publisher because YOUR program wasn't any good, but I should feel free to use another email address to get back in good graces. That's like telling the guy who mugged you last night that he can do it again if he will just wear a different mask. Except I didn't mug them; they mugged me. Yeah, I know: bad analogy.
Anyway, I bet that just the use of CJ alone will turn off more than a few publishers who might otherwise have been interested. What's up with that, E-Bay? Surely you could handle your own affiliate program - why did you bring these guys into it? Especially since Google is the 800 pound gorilla likely to turn CJ into a a quivering pile of mush. What was eBay thinking?
I'm thinking the heck with eBay, and I'm looking forward to Google's CPA ads, that's what I'm thinking.
CPM and CPC advertising has been paying less and less, no doubt because of the tremendous amount of click fraud: it just makes sense for advertisers to lower their bids to compensate. But CPA is an entirely different story. For example, I run ads advertisingKerio products. I pay Google 75 cents or less per click, but I'd pay a heck of a lot more for anything that actually turned into a sale - or even a legitimate prospect. I'd love to be able to do CPA ads with Google on that. And on the other side, I'd like to run appropriate and relevant CPA ads here, too.
Well, the program isn't public yet, so we'll have to wait for details. And who knows, maybe eBay will wake up and realize CJ is a lousy partner for their venture into advertising affiliate programs.
I'm not holding my breath.
By the way, you might be interested in selling these e-book products:
Sign up for 50% commission at E-Junkie:
Unix/Linux Troubleshooting 
Psst - Wanna Work For Yourself? The Hard Truth About Easy Money on the Internet
Update: apparently Google has squashed this, at least for now. Probably they realized what I found out at CJ: too many affiliate marketing programs are distasteful junk. I found the same problem when I checked out Affiliate.com: their "Technology" section was full of registry cleaners and other stuff I wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Of course not all affiliate programs are sleazy. I've run a few here that were good products by decent companies. Unfortunately, those are rare.
Amusingly, I am also trying to sign up with Azoogle.com. They warn prospective publishers that their standards are very high and that you may not be accepted. If they do finally accept me, I wonder if it will turn out that they only have the same junk that CJ and Affliate.com have? That would be rich..
There is no doubt that Google affiliates rank as some of the most successful affiliates anywhere on the web.
Yet few understand the reason behind this success. Even the majority of Google affiliates who are yet to start making huge five figure checks do not quite understand why the Google Adsense program has flourished so much within such a short time.
Anybody who understands the real secrets behind the phenomenal rise of Google affiliates will be in a much better position to benefit and profit from it, whether or not they are current Adsense affiliates.
1. Google Affiliates Are Riding On The Most Dramatic Shift In The Advertising Industry In History
A few webmasters think that this Adsense and pay per click affiliate mania is a passing fad. All indications are that this is not the case. If anything mounting evidence points to one of the most dramatic and rapid shifts in advertising industry history. You can't beat the deal to advertisers where they pay only for actual traffic to their website and more so when they can easily calculate their conversion rate on that traffic and predict their profit margin on the deal. This arrangement cannot be duplicated on TV or in any other offline media with so much precision and accuracy.
This means that advertising revenue will continue to shift away from other media and will move online at an even more rapid rate than is the case currently. And not just any online mediums like banner ads for example. The revenue will specifically shift to pay per click text ads. If you need some proof just look at the Google numbers in recent months, and most of it is being generated by PPC ad revenue.
What does that mean to a blogger or webmaster? It means huge and increasing profits as the number of advertisers grows and the competition between them for clicks grows fiercer.
It means that any expert in any tiny little niche will find it increasingly easier to make a good regular income from a low traffic targeted site with higher paying, more valuable Adsense keywords.
2. Google Affiliates Recognize That Content Is Not King, It's Everything
Writers, or rather good writers are already enjoying a huge advantage as Google affiliates. Only well written content will attract quality traffic and only interesting engrossing content will keep that traffic coming back again and again. Only high-quality keyword rich content will keep a site high in search engine rankings and thus guarantee enough traffic to keep Google affiliate adsense earnings high.
3. Top Google Affiliates Are All Using The Blog Secret
Blogs were created for linking and everybody knows that links are closely related to traffic in two ways, firstly they generate traffic but more importantly, they help a site achieve high search engine rankings with usually opens the floodgates of traffic. Top Google affiliates are using this secret to keep those big fat Google affiliate Adsense checks arriving by special courier every month.
Most top Google affiliates have dozens of blogs loaded with the right keywords and engaging content. With just a little SEO (search engine optimization) skills, these new breed of high flying online professionals are able to get their sites to the top of search engine rankings. It is then minimal maintenance as they sit back and watch the traffic volumes flow to their blogs already loaded with Adsense ads. The result of all this is that the clicks happening at their sites shoots up and with it their Google affiliate Adsense earnings.
4. Google Affiliates Are Using The Secret of The Hook
In advertising it is called the hook. Journalists call it the angle or slant of the story. Both mean the same thing. It is all about picking up a subject and asking yourself, what aspect of it most interests your audience? If you answer that question accurately then your ad or your article will attract maximum interest.
Online this is becoming more critical by the day. Content that is not slanted to fit the interests and needs of you audience will not attract enough interest and this impacts on the traffic of your blog or site and ultimately on your Google affiliate adsense earnings.
Christopher Kyalo is a successful online writer and entrepreneur. Read the rest of this article at his Google affiliate writer’s blog. He can be reached at strongwallafrica at yahoo.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Christopher_Kyalo

Comments (0)

Post a Comment